Snow Day!

The Snowman

I made a great tall snowman
With two huge coal black eyes
And just to reach around his neck
Took two of Daddy’s ties.
I put a hat of mother’s
Upon his rounded head
And then I ran and left him
And hurried off to bed.
When I awoke next morning
Imagine my surprise
My snowman had run away
And left his hat, ties, and eyes!

Have a wonderful day in the snow!

What did you do on this snowy Saturday/Sunday!? Share with our class!!

PS – Writers – It would be a great addition to your writer’s notebook if made a list of snow related ideas, feelings, thoughts, or sounds!

14 Responses to “Snow Day!”

1. T says:

Sunday I went out in the snow and made snowangles. It was really cold outside but I still did it anyway. It was really fun. After my brother and I tried to make a snowman but when we started it we really didn’t think it looked like one,so we turned it into a fort. Then to end our day outside we went snowboarding and sleding down a huge mountain. Although our faces were red we all had the best snow day,atleased for that day.

2. B says:

I went out on Sunday and had a snowball fight with my dad. It was freezing cold and my feet felt like they were frozen ice,but i didn’t mind.

3. Miss Cacace says:

T- Wow sounds fun! : ) Glad you had a great time!

4. Miss Cacace says:

B- : ) Sounds like fun! The snow was perfect for a snowball fight.

5. g says:

I went outside and I had to shoved the diveway.Then my brother and sister dug a tunnel in the snow and I had to go in it!After we had a big snowball fight and after we went sliding down our driveway.Finialy we went inside and played ping pong.

6. Miss Cacace says:

G – I shoveled too! I’m glad to see that you helped your family clear the snow.

7. T says:

On Monday my brother and I climed up a giant mountain. It was all made of snow. The snow was hard but we did it anyway. We sort of helped other people because we took the snow and put it on to our yard. It was so much fun.

8. B says:

I also shoveled the driveway with my dad this Sunday.

9. BA C J says:

I had a snowball fight with my brother, cleared the snow of both cars (car; minivan), and slid down a hill several times on a sled. Then went to The Great Wall Supermarket for lunch and grocery shopping.

10. B says:

I kind of helped other people too by doing the excact same thing, T! {Expect it was on Sunday}

11. B says:

I cleaned the snow of the car with my dad.

12. Q says:

I went sleding down a huge hill with my friend!We only stayed out there for 10 minutes ,and got really cold!

13. Miss Cacace says:

WOW! We are getting so much snow at my house! I can’t believe it! I am going to try and post a picture of the pretty snow later! Is anyone making a snowman? This snow is perfect! : )

14. B says:

I took pictures of the snow too!