Watch the Prints You Leave – In this cycle, 4th Graders researched Energy and Global Climate Change. They learned about the difference between renewable and non-renewable energy sources. They also learned about the effects that burning fossil fuels and carbon emissions have on the environment. Their project was to create a PowerPoint presentation that could be used to teach their peers about this topic. Students worked in small groups to pick the most important information to share in their presentation. Click the links below to see each presentation. We hope that you enjoy and learn something new!
4th Grade Students – Just because we are done with our cycle, doesn’t mean your thinking on this topic should stop! Use the questions below to do some more thinking about our energy uses and global climate change. If you have a response or something to add on to what we’ve talked about, comment on this post. It’d be great to keep our discussion going!
- What else would you like to learn about energy?
- Which renewable energy sources do you think we will see more of in the future?
- Do you have any ideas on ways that we can switch from non-renewable to renewable sources? What types of appliances/machines/activities could we change to use renewable sources?
- Research ways that solar and wind power are currently being used in the country.
- Are there any companies that use only renewable energy? What companies? What do they make?
- How else can you help educate people about Global Warming and Climate Change?
- What have you done to make your Carbon Footprint smaller?