All fifth grade students in South Brunswick will have the opportunity to create powerful messages about peacemaking through the use of film. Students will their creativity shine in an original video creation that inspires others to spread peace throughout their world. Students will work together with a film team to learn how to convey a message, film video, direct, produce and edit a movie. They will also learn that embedding special effects and music help to create a dramatic effect.
Both students and parents are encouraged to post comments for our filmmakers! Feel free to engage in discussion or ask questions about the films.
To view the movies, please click on the teacher’s name on the left navigation bar.
Both students and parents are encouraged to post comments for our filmmakers! Feel free to engage in discussion or ask questions about the films. Enjoy!
How to post a comment:
1. View one of the films
2. Click the ‘Reply’ link under the movie player.
3. Enter your *Screen Name. (see below)
4. Leave email and website field blank.
5. Type in your comment with supporting details.
6. Proofread it. Watch for capitals and spelling.
7. Click Post Comment.
8. Caution: Please do not to post any personal information about yourself or classmates.
Students: school initials, teacher initials and your fire drill number
Parents: Parents can use their names
• Remember that all comments must be approved before they go live to the blog.
Suggestions for Your Comments:
- Share an opinion of what the movie inspired you to feel.
- Share a connection that you made.
- Share how the film style or effects made the topic more powerful.
- Post a question to the filmmakers.
This movie sample combines skit, titles and a first person perspective to highlight the importance of including others that feel left out.