Women in History – Part 2

Was Rosa Parks a brave person?

Explain your opinion with supporting details.

15 Responses to “Women in History – Part 2”

1. 11 says:

Rosa Parks is a very brave person. I know this by she knew if she broke the law she would get put in jail and she did it anyway. This is how i know Rosa parks was a brave person

2. 9 says:

Yes, Rosa Parks was a very brave person. I know that because she would not give up her seat to a white person on a bus and that was not allowed back then, she survived jail and she started the Montgomery bus boycott. That is why Rosa Parks is brave.

3. 15 says:

Yes, Rosa Parks was a brave person. First of all, she argued will a white man in front of all of the people on the bus. Secondly, she wouldn’t give up her seat even though it was against the laws for a black not to give up their seat for a white. Finally, Rosa Parks knew the consequence and still she did not give up her seat. Rosa Parks was a very brave person.

4. 2 says:

Rosa Parks was brave first because the law was if you were a black you had to give up you`re seat but Rosa Park did not give up her seat. Secondly she got arrested and after she got arrested they started the boycott and she was apart of the boycott. Lastly she lived a brave life. To wrap it all up Rosa Parks was brave and all my reasons proves it don’t they?

5. 17 says:

yes she was. first, because she was thrown into jail:( and did not care and she and her friends boycotted the montgomery buses for a year after she got out and finally she said “The only tired I was, was tired of giving in.”

6. Great job using a direct quote! :)

7. 23 says:

yes, she was a very brave woman. i think this because i picked her for the other women in history question. she didn’t give up her seat for a white man. when she went to jail a lot of blacks were angry. they boycott the buses untill they could sit where they wanted to sit. that is why i think rosa parks is brave.

8. 23 says:

i agree #9

9. 23 says:

you are very right #11

10. 19 says:

yes she was very brave because first because she did not give up her set to a white man. Second she went to jail just because she did not give up her seat. Lastly she stood up for he self and that’s why Rosa Parks is brave! :)

11. 12 says:

I think Rosa Parks was a VERY brave person. I know this because she wouldn’t give up her seat to a white person on the bus so she got sent to jail. she did not care but she did when she was in jail for a long time. Those are all the reasons why I think Rosa Parks is brave.

12. 12 says:

dear number 2

i agree too :)

13. #7 says:

I think Rosa Parks was a BRAVE person First, because she didn’t give a white person her seat on the bus. Next, because she when to jail. NOW you know why Rosa Parks is VERY BRAVE!! :)

14. 14 says:

Yes, Rosa Parks was a brave person.
    First, she didn’t give up her seat on a bus for a white man. Rosa started the boycott.
    Next, she got put in jail, she still didn’t back down! She kept fighting for what was right!
    Lastly later what helped was that Martin started fighting for black rights. Soon, Parks and King and many more people were fighting for what was right.
    Now, everyone who looked up to Rosa will always remember her hard work. This is why Rosa Parks was so brave that she went down in history.

15. 22 says:

Yes, I think that Rosa Parks was a brave person. Firstly, I think that she was a brave person because she stood up to a white man even though she wasn’t supposed to. Also, she did that even though it was illegal. Secondly, she still didn’t move when the white guy was calling the police on her! Lastly, she stood up to a white guy,( When you read this sentence, I’m not trying to be mean) and she did it calmly. I remember a time when me and my brother were being calm. It was really surprising because my brother is barely calm! This is why I think that Rosa Parks is a brave person. :) +:)=!!