Journey, by P. MacLachlan

*In what you read today, did any new information come up about the mother?

*Did you meet any new characters in this section?

*Did Journey grow or change in this section at all?

*How does Journey’s family change or grow in this section? Is there any conflict? Explain.

16 Responses to “Journey, by P. MacLachlan”

1. M says:

Yes. I now know that the mother always wanted to be somewhere else. From how Journey and the other characters describe her, the mother isn’t caring for her family. Yes, there are new characters in this section. They are Journey, Cat, Grandma, Grandpa, and the mother. Journey’s family did not change or grow in this section, but there was conflict. The conflict is between Journey and his grandparents. They don’t get along because Journey always wanted to be helped, loved, and cared for by his mother. Instead, Journey was mostly raised by his grandparents. Also, his grandpa always takes pictures, an that annoys Journey.

2. C says:

1. Yes, some information came up about the mother. It was that Cat and Journey got a letter from their mother with money in it. This sort of shows that their mother isn’t dead and she should have money.
    2.The characters in this book that I have met are Journey, Cat, Grandma, Grandpa and sort of the mother.
    3. No he hasn’t changed because he doesn’t like his grandfather very much because he takes pictures very often. The grandfather said there was a reason for it.
    4. There is really no change in Journey’s family yet because Journey does not seem to get along with his grandparents but, he does seem to get along with his sister a little. Yes, there is a conflict with Journey and his grandparents because i think he really misses his parents, especially his mother. Also, he gets annoyed with his grandparents because he really wants to be right about his mother but, I don’t think he always is.

-C

3. M says:

Dear C,

When I was answering Q#1 I never thought about the letter and money. You’re right, that does show that she’s not dead, and that she has money.

4. C says:

Dear M,

I never thought about the conflict that way. The conflict you included was true.I also don’t know if I agree with you about the mother not caring for her family because she said to the children “I’ll be back.”

-C

5. M says:

Yes, it said that Cat looked like the mother. Yes. They are Cooper and Emmet. Yes. Journey is not annoyed anymore that his grandpa takes pictures. No, I don’t think so.

6. C says:

1.Yes, some information did come up. It was that Cat looked like the mother.
    2. The knew characters are Cooper and Emmett.
    3. Journey is sort of starting to get a long with his grandfather because the grandfather said he was taking pictures for a reason.
    4. Journey is growing to appreciate the family. There is not much of a conflict between the grandfather and Journey because their getting a long better.

7. When she said to her children, “I’ll be back…” it really made me hope that she would return by the end of the book.

8. C says:

1. The information about the mother that came up today was that the mother tore up the pictures of her entire family. I think she did this because maybe She didn’t want to remember what had happened in the past.
    2. Yes, I “met” the cat, Bloom.
    3. Yes, Journey kind of changed because his sister told him that he wanted to think things that were not true that he needed to know.
    4. Journey’s family didn’t really change. The conflict this time was between the grandma and Journey because the grandma doesn’t really want cat’s in the house but, Journey wants it. Toward the end of chapter seven the grandma really likes the cat, Bloom.

9. M says:

Yes. It said that the mother ripped up the pictures of her family. Yes, Bloom,(Journey’s cat). No, not really that much. Yes. Journey’s grandma started to like Bloom secretly.

10. I remember the part where you find out the photographs all all ripped up. I felt so confused about why a mom would do that. Was she trying to erase the memories?

11. C says:

1. Yes some info. came up about the mother. It was that the mother didn’t throw away the pictures of her family.
    2. Yes, Blooms babies.
    3. In this section Journey realizes that he is not right about everything.
    4. There is really no change in Journey’s family.The conflict is between Cooper and Journey. Journey gets mad at Cooper because Cooper said that Journey would never be able to put back the pictures Journey’s mom tore up. He eventually goes to Coopers house and apologizes.

12. M says:

No, there was no new information about the mother. Yes. Mrs. MacDougal & Mr. MacDougal,(Cooper’s parents). Journey did not grow or change in this section, and his family did not either.

13. C says:

1. yes, some info. came up about the mother. It was that the mother seemed to really want to know how her children were doing. That surprised me because in the begging it seemed that she didn’t like her family to much.
    2. The mother is the character I met.
    3. No, Journey didn’t change really but, he welcomed Cooper into the family.
    4. Journey’s family has not changed much.

14. C says:

1. No, info. came up about the mother today.
    2. No, I didn’t meet any new characters today.
    3. Yes, Journey sort of changed by him finally realizing that he loved the camera.
    4. Journey’s family didn’t change really today.

15. C says:

1. No new info. came up about the mother.
    2. There were no new characters.
    3. Journey finally realized that the mother was never coming back.
    4. Journey’s family didn’t change.

16. M says:

No new information came up about the mother. There were no new characters. Yes. Journey now understands that he has always been taken care of by his grandfather, not his father. He realizes that his grandfather is the one who sang songs to him, and loved him. He learns to except that, and love the people in his life. No. Journey’s family does not change or grow in this section, and there is no conflict.