GREEN- Watch Your Step! OEQ

Open Ended Question

The author of “Watch Your Step!” seems to know a lot about jellyfish.

• Is the author afraid of jellyfish?  Explain.
  • Do you think jellyfish are animals that should be feared?  Why or why not?

Use details and examples from the article to support your response.

16 Responses to “GREEN- Watch Your Step! OEQ”

1. Katie F. says:

Is the author afraid of jellyfish? I don’t think the author is afraid of jellyfish. I think the author of ” Watch your Step” wrote this article so that people are alarmed about them. Many people go to the beach and wants them to be aware.
    I personally don’t think that jellyfish should be feared. I don’t think they should be feared because they aren’t very harmful. Over my personal experiences, I’ve only seen clear colored jellyfish with no stingers. They are harmless to me. I’m always in the ocean and so is my family. None of us have ever gotten stung!! This reminds me of spiders. I always want to get rid of them and I hate them!!! But most of them are harmless. They actually kill bugs and help humans out. In conclusion, always look where you are going and be AWARE!!!

I miss you Miss Zicha!!<333

2. Shefali says:

The author of “Watch Your Step!” seems to know a lot about Jelly fish. I think that the author is afraid of jellyfish because in the passages he or she kept on giving information like what to do if you get sting by experience. They also said where the most dangerous jellyfish could be found. I think that jellyfish are animals that should be feared because they can hurt to get stung by one and if you ever have then you know how much the pain is or what you have to do about it. This reminds me of the time I got stung by a bee, it came right in the house through the broken window and stung right on my eye and my whole eye was swollen for about 5 days. This is why I think that the author is afraid of the jellyfish or why I think so.

Yay I am Done :!: :!: ;-) :razz:

3. Chloe S girl girl says:

The author of “Watch Your Step!” seems to know a lot about jellyfish.
    Is the author afraid of jellyfish, Well, I believe that the author is not afraid of jellyfish. I think he\her had a bad experience with them. For example he\her could had almost stepped on a jellyfish and his\her mother\farther could have yelled “Watch Your Step’ and he wanted to just right a story warning other people to watch there step.
    Do you think jellyfish are animals that should be fared. Yes and No. Yes. because there are so many bigger animals then the jellyfish. Even though the jellyfish has testicles what are deadly the bigger animal can eat the jellyfish then die from eating it. No, because I think the jellyfish know that it’s deadly and is confident that he can’t die even though he is small he is deadly. This reminds me of the time when i was at the beach with my family and I almost stepped on a jellyfish, but i didn’t cause i hopped on one foot really quickly and hopped on my foot to another spot.
    I believe the story this story was made to protect people from stepping on jellyfish.

4. Sachit says:

Is the author of “Watch Your Step” afraid of jellyfish, I don’t think so. I say this because the author seems to know a lot about jellyfish whether it’s good or bad. For example, in paragraph five the author clearly states that you should not think of jellyfish as mean creatures because they have no control over stinging anybody. He also calls the jellyfish beautiful sea animals. These reasons prove that the author is not afraid of jellyfish but remains cautious in case he encounters one.
    Jellyfish are not animals that should be feared I say this because jellyfish are creatures that should be looked at not touched. So if you touch it’s really your own mistake. This reminds me of the time when I was in first grade and I was in the school library not knowing what book to pick. Then the librarian comes over and puts a book in my hand. I look at it and it has a picture of a bear, for some reason at the time I was scared of bears, so I dropped the book. The librarian laughs, picks up the book, puts it in my hand and says to me I should not be scared and give the book a try. After reading the book I learned bears are great animals and should not be feared. In conclusion, every living thing has a good side.

5. Robert says:

The author of “watch your step!” seems to know a lot about jellyfish. I think that the author is not afraid of jellyfish because he knows so much about them. Because he knows so much about them, he probably knows the proper way to handle them and never gets stung.
    I think that jelly fish should be feared. They should be feared because if they are not feared somebody can think that it is okay to touch a jelly fish but really it could sting you. This reminds me of when I was little and saw a spider on the floor. I didn’t know what it was so I picked it up and it bit me. I learned from my mistake to never touch spider again. In conclusion if you ever see a jellyfish lying on the beach its best to leave it alone.

6. Jackie K says:

The author of “Watch Your Step!” knows a lot about jellyfish. She seems to admire them, unlike many people, who are afraid.
    The author doesn’t seem to be afraid of jellyfish. I conclude this because she calls them “beautiful sea creatures”. Additionally, she is probably writing this article to raise awareness for the creatures. “You should not think of the jellyfish as a mean creature,” she says in the text.
    Because of the facts stated in this article, I do not think we, as humans, should be afraid of jellyfish. According to this article, jellyfish can only sting because they use it to hunt. This stereotype fear reminds me of my fear of sharks. I know from experts’ stories that sharks are amazing creatures. This makes me not as afraid of sharks.
    As you can see, the author’s knowledge of jellyfish helps the reader to be less afraid of them.

GOOD LUCK ON NJASK, EVERYONE!

7. Anonymous says:

The author of “Watch Your Step!” seems to know a lot about jellyfish. I do not think that the author is afraid of jellyfish. He keeps on talking about the grace of the jellyfish. He says,”…Hit moves through the water with the grace of a fish…” He also seems to be familiar with the jellyfish. He talks about the jelly fish as if he knows everything about them. He likes jellyfish. He tells that the jellyfish’s stings can be harmful, but he backs it up by saying that they don’t have control over what they sting.
    I think that jellyfish should be feared. You should always be cautious, so that nothing happens to you.If a jellyfish’s sting can kill you then of course it should be feared. Jellyfish can sting you even if they are dead. That is very deadly. If you get stung by a harmful jellyfish you should go to the hospital immediately. This can cost a lot of money. You should take proper care. This reminds me of the time I had written an essay about the clownfish. I had written about the clownfish’s beauty just like the author wrote about the jellyfish’s beauty. In conclusion, Jellyfish are very graceful creatures, you should be careful when they are around you.
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

8. Jack G says:

The author of “Watch Your Step” seems to know a lot about jellyfish. He tells us the kind of jellyfish, how to cure the sting, they can be enormous, and some are more powerful than others. I think the author IS afraid of jellyfish, and he is telling us all this info so we know as much as him.
    I think they should not be feared. However if they are of dead jellyfish on the beach, take caution when you are in the water. If an afraid of jellyfish I admit because they are so gooey and nasty. If I see ONE I gag and run back up to the towel. Just remember don’t start squishing a jellyfish just because it stung you, it can’t help it. Jellyfish are interesting animals.

9. Victoria(YELLO JELLO) + jon mr. hockey says:

The author of watch your step seems to know a lot about jellyfish. I think the author might be a little scared of jellyfish. Lots of people are scared of jellyfish because they can do a lot of harmful things to you! Like, they can make you all red, irritated, and swollen. Some jellyfish can cause death. Jellyfish can even sting you if there white on land. You think there dead when there really not!!!! You have to be very aware!

To us jellyfish are animals people shouldn’t be feared of. If you bother them they will get angry and sting you. All there trying to do is guard the ocean. This reminds me of the time when i was at at my friends birthday party and we went in the ocean and we saw this HUGE jellyfish! So we swam away and then after a while we got out and everyone was all red and itchy. so we went in the pool to cool our bodies down.

You should always be aware of Jellyfish. Even if on land they will cause harm.

10. Ashley G says:

The author of “Watch Your Step!”seems to know a lot about jellyfish. I do not think that the author fears jellyfish. She seemed willing to go and learn more about jellyfish. The author may have had a bad experience with jellyfish and wanted to learn more about them.

Jellyfish are not creatures to fear, if you take the right precautions. For instance, is you watch wear you step while walking on the beach. If you do get stung take care of it immediately and you will be ok.Jellyfish are beautiful creatures not to be feared. This reminds me of a time my uncle got stung by simply stepping on a jellyfish. Therefore you should always wach your step on the beach.

GOOD LUCK ON NJASK!! ;-) ;-) ;-) :razz: :razz: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :grin: :grin: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    BE HAPPY :grin: :cool:

11. Gabbyy hehehehhee =] says:

Is the author afraid of jellyfish? I think that the author has had a lot of experience with them, so maybe not,. Even though it hurts when you get stung, they don’t mean to do it and it isn’t usually fatal. I imagine that he or she has been stung before because she knows plenty about them! Also, she seemed willing to learn more about jellyfish or maybe she has a bad experience and wanted to learn more after her experience.

Do you think jellyfish are animals that should be feared? I think that they are dangerous and can definitely cause pain. Also, the stings can be deadly and you always get stung without warning. Therefore, it can be an unpleasant surprise. As a result, I think that jellyfish are creatures that should be feared. When I go to the beach in the summer, I always look around the water for jellyfish. I have also ran into many red and purple ones, but gratefully, I have not been stung before. In conclusion, I think that jellyfish are creatures that you should definitely be cautious around.

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

12. Teresa C. ( pink jello) says:

To us jellyfish are animals people shouldn’t be feared of. If you bother them they will get angry and sting you. All there trying to do is guard the ocean. This reminds me of the time when i was at Lebanon and we went in the ocean and we saw this HUGE jellyfish! So we swam away and then after a while we got out and everyone was all red and itchy. so we went in the pool to cool our bodies down.

You should always be aware of Jellyfish. Even if on land they will cause harm

13. Josie says:

Author maybe afraid of jelly fish because they are dangerous animals. But the author might be not afraid because he probably did studies on jellyfishes.
    I do not think Jelly Fishes are animals that do not need to be afraid because if you bother them they will sting you.

14. aricha says:

The author of “Watch your step!” seems to know a lot about jellyfish. In my opinion, I truly do believe that the author has experienced a sting from a jellyfish. He probably tells us, all this information because he doesn’t want us kids to get hurt like him. His experience might have been bad. Maybe that is why he is giving so much information.

I do not thing people should be afraid of jellyfish, because they are just like regular animals. They just want to protect themselves. If someone was bothering you, you would have done something to protect yourself. When you or anybody else does that, they are just acting like a jellyfish. When you bother a jellyfish, it gets angry and stings you. Remember keep your hands to yourself. A connection I could make of my life, is I was on a cruise and I saw something pretty in the water I didn’t know what it was, so I bent down and touched it. OWWWW! I screamed at least I know what the pretty thing was, it was a jellyfish. It hurt a lot. My parents had treated my sting. Now I know not to touch anything purple. To sum this up jellyfish can be dangerous, when they are living or dead. So you should watch your step the next time you go somewhere.

15. Aparna says:

The author of “Watch Your Step!” seems to know a lot about jellyfish. I think the author’s not afraid of these beautiful invertebrate sea animals because the author’s just informing the reader for their purpose. But still, why wouldn’t the author be afraid of their nasty stings, even if they’re not all that bad? :mrgreen: ;-) :lol:
    I think jellyfish are animals that should be feared because their horrible stings can injure people, cause people to have a phobia of jellyfish, and, if not treated properly, can be killed by jellyfish. This reminds me of bacteria because when people think of bacteria, they think of sicknesses and infections. But bacteria doesn’t have to be all bad; they’re in food like bread, pickles, and cheese. :grin: They also help in medicines, food, and other important things. In closing, the author has a big knowledge on jellyfish, and his/her purpose is to inform the reader and as well as warning the reader about the dangers of jellyfish. So therefore, based on your knowledge, you can always remember to “watch your step” on the beach!!! :roll: :!: :cool: :twisted: :o :smile:

16. Nick #8 says:

I found this story to be very interesting. I don’t think the author was afraid of jelly fish but rather wanted to inform us about jellyfish. I don’t think that jellyfish should be feared. I don’t think they should be feared because they don’t attack you for no reason like sharks do. Jellyfish only sting you if you bump against them because they have no control over their stingers. If you treat the sting properly with vinegar, it will lessen the effects of the poison from the sting. Since jellyfish vary in their size and location people must be careful about where you walk or swim. I think the author did a great job in informing me about jellyfish. I learned things that I never knew about jellyfish.