Phoenix Students

SBSD Blogs

Welcome to our literature class blog!

Our blog is designed to help students develop, explore, and share their writing.  Students contribute to our class blog as they respond to literature and post their writing to the Internet.

Our blog extends the learning environment beyond the classroom while improving student communication and collaboration skills.  Having a real audience is one of the key components to using our blog.  Students receive comments on their writing from classmates.  Parents may also visit the blog and respond to writing.

Our class blog is an extension of our class.  When we make comments on the blog we are respectful to others. All comments are moderated as I approve them before they are published. If you have questions about our class blog please contact me. Kelli.Zicha@sbschools.org

Scroll down to view posts and add comments!

41 Responses to “Phoenix Students”

1. tyler g. says:

I’m leaving a comment on this for homework! cool website and blog about school! :grin:

2. Kyra S. says:

I can’t wait to start reading our class novel, Crash! :cool:

3. Nia says:

I can’t wait to start the blo!. This sounds like it’s going to be a lot of fun! I’m so excited! :cool: ;-) :lol:

4. Natalie G. says:

I can’t wait for tomorow!!!!!!!! Tech Day!!!!!!!!! ;-) :smile:

5. Sean says:

I think that Crossroads is the best school in the world. :smile:

6. Josh says:

I’m so excited for tomorrow!! :cool:

7. samia says:

:twisted: :razz: :mrgreen:

squash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Collin says:

Love Ms. Zicha’s reading class. I can’t wait to start reading the first novel :lol:

9. Sean says:

Crash is going to be the best book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

10. Natalie G. says:

Tech day was really fun!!!!!!! I like recording our videos in the hallway, it was really cool. Even though I laughed so much while doing it i still got it done. This blog is going to be so fun i just know it!!!!! :smile: :grin: :!:

11. Anisha says:

Today was soooooooo much fun. It took me 5000 times to finally get it right. look a devil :!: :arrow: :evil:

12. Shratha.S says:

I love Crossroads and mainly Ms.Zicha’s Novel class. I am very excited.

13. samia says:

:lol: omg!!!! The videos were soooooo much fun to do. :shock: :oops:
    I can’t wait for the next Tech Day!!!!!! :mrgreen:

14. samia says:

I know me tooo :oops: :lol: :!:

15. Emily I. says:

Hey Guys,
    Im a 7th grader in Alpha. You have probably seen me in the class room talking to Ms.Zicha and/or just walking around in there. :o She was my teacher last year and she is pretty cool and a fun teacher :razz: :!: Her reading class is Amazing and fun :!: So, Good luck this year :!: :razz: :!:

16. samia says:

doing it for homework is soooo cooollll!!!!!! :mrgreen: :lol:

17. Charles says:

:cool: Wow Azim :!:

18. Alexa C says:

I LOVE MIDDLE SCHOOL!! ;-) :grin: :cool: :!: :!:

19. hafsa says:

happy thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!! (Tomorrows my birthday) :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Victoria Pierce says:

:grin: Hi Miss. Zicha! and Miss. Zichas classmates! I am one of Miss. Zichas students from last year :lol: MISS. ZICHA IS AWESOME!!! :razz: :roll: :roll: :grin: :cool: ;-) SEE YA SOON MISS. ZICHA! ;-)

21. Anjali S. says:

Ms. Zicha rules :mrgreen:

22. Alexa C. says:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha Samia!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
    WE NEED TO HAVE ANOTHER TECH DAY!! ITS SOO MUCH FUN!! :cool: ;-) :idea:

23. Angie says:

thank you lindsay you did a great job tooo nice job with your connnection and all the parts of the paragraph YEAH! :roll: :razz: :lol:

24. Andrew M. says:

Voted twice!!!!!! cant wait untill tommorow :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

25. Josh says:

Awesome reading class Miss. Zicha

26. Shiven P. says:

Hi :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

27. Ruben says:

whoooooo :shock: :cool: :razz:

28. azim smile!:) says:

hello

29. Pritha H. says:

I LOVE TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

30. Vishan R. says:

I just felt like blogging somthing. :|

Good luck on NJASK peoples :!: ;-)

31. Lou says:

hi i’m still a phoenix right!!!!!!!!!
    GO PHOENIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. rahul si says:

hi ms. zicha i was felling bored on the 6th day of summer and blogged Hi :twisted: ;-)

33. Rachel Hecht & Aisha Vohra says:

hey ms.zicha!!!! We are doing summer reading right now! See ya soon! bye (:

From:your favorite students

34. Hafsa says:

hi ms zicha its hafsa from last year!!!! :mrgreen:

35. Crystal says:

In the novel, Crash, by Jerry Spinelli, Crash changes throughout the school year. In the beginning, Crash is a bully. He targets Penn Webb and makes fun of him. For example, Crash squirts Penn with a water pistol. In seventh grade, Crash becomes a bystander. His grandfather, Scooter, suffers from a stroke. Crash is close to his grandfather. This has a big impact on Crash’s life. As Crash’s life changes, he becomes nicer to others. He stops bulling Penn, yet he doesn’t help Penn when Mike bullies him. For example, Crash watches Mike squirt Penn with Uzi and doesn’t help. Later in the novel, Crash becomes an up stander. He helps Penn out when Mike takes Penn’s essay in class. Crash stands up for the victim. At the end of the book, Crash and Penn become friends.
    Scooter is a positive role model in Crash’s life. Crash changed since Scooters stroke. Crash learns good life lessons from Scooter. One lesson Scooter taught Crash, “It is not the sneakers, it’s the feet.” It doesn’t matter what you wear, character counts. The relationship between Crash and Scooter reminds me of Penn Webb and his great grandfather. The 2 grandparents are very supportive. All in all, Crash learns very good life lessons as his character changes from a bully to an upstander. :grin: :smile:

36. Collin says:

HI MS ZICHA!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

37. gisselle says:

Matt gave Kira two gifts. According to the text, the first gift was a small cloth. This cloth was small, wrinkled and dirty but it ment alot to Kira. As the text states, the second gift was a tall three sylloble man, and ths was Kira’s father Chistopher. Her father was blid and had lots of scarrs on his face. Kirs seemed very suspisious.
    Matt brings these gifts for a reason. The author writes, ” Matt, he say a giftie makes a person like you best of all ” (pg.164) I belive this statement means that Matt was maybe feeling a little left out, and wanted ore attention from Kira. As the text states ” Matt, he got friends who be taking good care of him, not trashing him never.” (pg. 164) Perhaps this means that Matt wanted to thank Kira and Thomas for taking good care of him. This reminds me of when Thomas gave a gift to Kira. It was a box to put in all her cloths. This connection connects to the text becuase Matt also gave gifts to Kira. In summacion, Matt is a very king boy that thinks in others.

38. gisselle says: